Celebration of local produce - and all things pork - at popular Norwich food event
- Credit: Archant
A farmyard celebration of local produce and all things porcine drew thousands of food and drink lovers to the outskirts of Norwich.
Cookery shows, a butchery master class and live music were on the menu at Porkstock, which, having previously been held at Redwell brewery in Trowse, enjoyed its first outing at new home White House Farm in Sprowston.
Families shrugged off the rain to enjoy the free daytime food and drink festival, while ticket-holders enjoyed a knees-up with live music, dancing and a DJ after the sun went down.
The event was officially kicked off on Saturday morning by Celebrity Masterchef finalist Hardeep Singh Kohli.
Among the local eateries included Woolf and Social and award-winning butchers Archer's.
You may also want to watch:
Social media users took to Twitter and Facebook to review the event, describing it as a 'fabulous day' and 'top notch'.
Chef Charlie Hodson, patron of the event, tweeted to say visitors had travelled from as far as Dorset.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
This year, cash raised from the festival will be donated to Norfolk-based charity Nelson's Journey, which supports children and young people coping with bereavement.
An auction held during the day raised £850 for the cause.
For more information, visit www.porkstock.co.uk and for more on Nelson's Journey, visit www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk• Do you have a food and drink story we should be writing about? Email reporter Lauren Cope on email@example.com