Celebration as Oulton Broad park is recognised as one of the UK’s best
A picturesque Broad-side park will today (Monday, July 25) be officially recognised as officially one of the best green spaces in the country.
Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft, has won the seal of approval from the Green Flag Award Scheme for being well-maintained and managed, and for providing excellent facilities.
The award, like the Blue Flag awards for beaches, is expected to boost the park's popularity and benefit the local community.
The Waveney District Council owned park is maintained and supported by a number of dedicated groups including the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad in Bloom.
Waveney deputy leader Stephen Ardley said: 'Achieving a Green Flag Award demonstrates to the community that Waveney has a park we can all be proud and helps to further promote all that this wonderful park has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
'The value and tangible benefits of attractive parks and open spaces cannot be underestimated – our award winning park is one to be proud of.'
• At 10am today, Waveney District councillors and the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park will gather at the bowls pavilion for the presentation of the Green Flag Award.
- 1 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years