CCTV footage released in new bid to trace would-be armed robbers in Lowestoft
DETECTIVES have released CCTV images of two men they want to speak to following an attempted armed robbery at a shop in Lowestoft.
Two men, one armed with a knife, entered the R and D Newsagents in Norwich Road about 7.15pm on Sunday night (March 18), threatened a member of staff and demanded cash.
Two members of staff in the shop at the time were told to lie on the floor and one of the offenders went behind the counter to open the till. However the staff resisted and bravely went to fight back and both would-be-robbers fled the store empty-handed.
Three men - a 20-year-old, 23-year-old and a 29-year-old - who were arrested shortly after the incident, will now face no further police action on this matter and officers are continuing their inquiries to trace those responsible.
The two men detectives are keen to trace were wearing quite distinctive clothing when they entered the shop and police are asking anyone who may recognise them or anyone who may have seen them in the area to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Both men wore light coloured scarves partially over their faces, with one wearing a two-tone jacket with dark shoulders and hood and light below and light coloured three-quarter shorts/trousers and the other wearing an Adidas hooded top with three stripes down each arm.
Det Insp Darrell Skuse said: 'While we would not encourage members of the public to take matters into their own hands, the shop workers have clearly been very brave in turning the tables on the offenders, forcing them to flee empty-handed.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
'We believe someone will know who those involved are – or may well recognise them from the clothing they were wearing at the time – and we would ask anyone who has information that may assist to call us as soon as they can. We would also like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area around this time who may have seen the men.'
• Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 101.