Man dies in crash in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in a car crash in a Norfolk village in which a car 'left the road'.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Cawston on Sunday night.
A silver Mercedes was travelling along the B1145 at approximately 8.40pm when it left the road near to the Heydon Road junction and collided with a fence and some railings.
The accident occurred next to a bridge across the Marriott's Way trail.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, died at the scene. The female passenger suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Reepham, Aylsham and Sprowston attended to assist police officers in making the scene safe.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes