Man dies in crash in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in a car crash in a Norfolk village in which a car 'left the road'.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Cawston on Sunday night.
A silver Mercedes was travelling along the B1145 at approximately 8.40pm when it left the road near to the Heydon Road junction and collided with a fence and some railings.
The accident occurred next to a bridge across the Marriott's Way trail.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, died at the scene. The female passenger suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Reepham, Aylsham and Sprowston attended to assist police officers in making the scene safe.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old