Care home invites community to art-themed open day
- Credit: Simon Jacobs
A care home in Cringleford is inviting the community to an art-themed open day..
Cavell Court Care Home, in Dragonfly Lane, is opening its doors to the local community to celebrate their annual open day on Friday, June 28, from 10am to 5.30pm.
Care UK, the group behind Cavell Court, run open days in their homes every year to try and create links between care homes, their residents, and their communities.
This year's theme is celebrating the role of arts in care. Care UK has chosen this theme to reflect how they aim to support all residents in their self-expression through art, drama, music and poetry.
They have said that this event is "a wonderful opportunity for us to showcase all the brilliant activities we get up to on a daily basis."
You may also want to watch:
One of the main events of the open day will be 40s-themed entertainment from music group Time Scape, as well as art workshops by art group Creative Emojo.
Additional refreshments and a barbeque will also be available for visitors for the celebration of the open day.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack