Dinner for two: Hedgehog and cat are the very best of friends
Every evening, 17-year-old Sooty settles down to her dinner where she is joined by a very unusual friend - Mr Hedgehog.
Karen Massingham and her husband David live in Briston with their two black cats, Wilbur and Sooty, and their terrier Stanley.
However for the past 2 years, they have also welcomed another animal into their lives - a hedgehog the family have nicknamed 'Mr Hedgehog'.
Each dinnertime, when the cats tuck into their supper, Mr Hedgehog also joins them.
Sooty, the oldest cat who is also going deaf, selflessly shares her food with him.
You may also want to watch:
'We leave clean water out but he loves the cat food,' said Mrs Massingham.
'We see him wandering about the drive at times waiting for his supper.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
He has become a key member of the Massingham family and is no longer afraid of humans, or even the couple's dog Stanley.
'If we walk about to collect food dishes Mr Hedgehog waits patiently and doesn't run away.'
A lovely, utterly adorable friendship that hopefully continues for many years to come.
Do you have an intriguing animal story for us? Email email@example.com