Casualty airlifted to hospital after two-vehicle collision in Mendham, near Harleston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
A casualty who was trapped in a vehicle after a collision was freed by fire crews and airlifted to hospital.
Emergency services - including firefighters from both Norfolk and Suffolk, members of the ambulance service and Suffolk police - attended the scene of the collision between a VW Passat and Ford Transit van in Metfield Road, Mendham, near Harleston on Tuesday, March 28.
Fire crews used hydraulic cutting equipment to free a casualty who was trapped in one of the vehicles.
Two patients were treated at the scene. A women in her late 30s was treated for a suspected fractured leg and pelvic injury before being airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH).
A man was also treated for chest injuries and taken to the NNUH by a land ambulance.
Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons