Norwich’s Castle Mall shopping centre to celebrate entering its 25th year
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's popular Castle Mall shopping centre is to mark entering its 25th year this weekend.
The seven-acre site first opened to customers in September 1993 and took four years to complete.
Since then it has been a key destination for Norwich shoppers who can browse leading national chains such as Boots, TK Maxx, Peacocks and New Look.
The facility, which includes a substantial part of Norwich Castle and Castle Gardens, also boasts a Vue cinema and places where people can have something to eat and drink, like a Starbucks coffee shop.
Castle Mall will hold a day of activities tomorrow (Saturday, September 23) to mark the occasion, including party bags for kids and cake to celebrate.
You may also want to watch:
The Entertainer have arranged for a special guest appearance from Peppa Pig, who will make appearances at intervals between 11am and 3pm outside Poundworld. Tickets are still available for the free meet and greet from The Entertainer.
Castle Mall shopping centre manager, Robert Bradley, said: 'I am so happy to be a part of this triumphant birthday milestone at Castle Mall.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
'Having recently returned to the centre, I can see how far Castle Mall has come over the decades and I am so excited to celebrate this birthday and then get cracking with more fantastic events to really continue to stamp Castle Mall as a huge, historic part of Norwich.'
For more information, visit http://castlemallnorwich.co.uk/whats-on/.