Norwich’s Castle Mall shopping centre to celebrate entering its 25th year
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's popular Castle Mall shopping centre is to mark entering its 25th year this weekend.
The seven-acre site first opened to customers in September 1993 and took four years to complete.
Since then it has been a key destination for Norwich shoppers who can browse leading national chains such as Boots, TK Maxx, Peacocks and New Look.
The facility, which includes a substantial part of Norwich Castle and Castle Gardens, also boasts a Vue cinema and places where people can have something to eat and drink, like a Starbucks coffee shop.
Castle Mall will hold a day of activities tomorrow (Saturday, September 23) to mark the occasion, including party bags for kids and cake to celebrate.
The Entertainer have arranged for a special guest appearance from Peppa Pig, who will make appearances at intervals between 11am and 3pm outside Poundworld. Tickets are still available for the free meet and greet from The Entertainer.
Castle Mall shopping centre manager, Robert Bradley, said: 'I am so happy to be a part of this triumphant birthday milestone at Castle Mall.
- 1 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
'Having recently returned to the centre, I can see how far Castle Mall has come over the decades and I am so excited to celebrate this birthday and then get cracking with more fantastic events to really continue to stamp Castle Mall as a huge, historic part of Norwich.'
For more information, visit http://castlemallnorwich.co.uk/whats-on/.