New £110k children’s playground opens to public
- Credit: Archant
Little ones are now able to scale new heights at a brand-new play park including a zip line, monkey bars, and castle tower.
The eagerly awaited Castle Acre Children’s Playground is now open after a massive fundraising effort from the Castle Acre Playing Field Association (CAPFA).
It was officially opened at a lunch event in Castle Acre on August 21 after funding was received from the FCC Communities Foundation, a not for profit business that awards grants for community conservation and heritage projects.
CAPFA chairperson Charlie Williams said: “This vital facility is already making a real difference to those who use it, as well as the wider community. We are grateful to FCC Communities Foundation for providing funding as we would not have been able to go ahead without its support.
“It has united old and young villagers and provided a focus of attention to all community members on the benefits of play and exercise.”
You may also want to watch:
The project has refurbished the surrounding area with new fencing, a new picnic area for families, and local traffic management provision.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 5 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 9 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 10 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction