Cash stolen in Easter burglary at Echotech Centre near the A47 in Swaffham
Burglars stole an unknown amount of money after breaking into the Ecotech Centre in Swaffham during the Easter weekend.
The thieves broke a large window and stole a cash container sometime between the evening of Thursday April 5 and the afternoon of Sunday April 8.
Police told Swaffham town councillors meeting last night that CCTV footage had been recovered from the site on Turbine Way near the A47, but had not so far helped to identify the suspects.
Anyone with information should contact Swaffham Safer Neighbourhood team on 101.
Councillors heard reports of burglaries, drug crimes, theft from motor vehicles and violence against the person had all fallen in the the last month compared to the same period last year.
However, instances of criminal damage rose to 13 from 10, while there were two reports of fraud, compared to none before.
Police also said allotment areas in the town had been broken into, and advised people to lock them at night.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week