Cash for Community Sports Foundation’s Sporting Light Appeal is in the bag thanks to Aviva Horizon and Norwich Sainsbury’s store
Two local businesses teamed up to raise funds and awareness for the Community Sports Foundation's (CSF) Sporting Light Appeal at a Norwich supermarket last week.
Six volunteers from Aviva Horizon take part in a bag packing day at the Sainsbury's store on Queens Road, for Norwich City Football Club's charity partner.
Checkout staff at the store introduced bag packers to each customer and explained the Sporting Light Appeal and the work of the CSF, which helps more than 50,000 people a year achieve their goals.
The volunteers were joined for the afternoon by CSF junior ambassador Jamie Abbott, who captains the charity's Down's syndrome football team, and the CSF mascot, Sportasaurus.
Mike Green, store manager at Sainsbury's Queens Road said: 'We got together with Aviva Horizon who are also supporting the CSF Sporting Light Appeal for what has been a really successful day.
'Our photography competition for the appeal was the first event and it received a really good entry and we were proud of it as it was something a bit different.'
The bag packing raised just shy of �500, but Sainsbury's staff donated the funds to round it up to �500 for the day.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
The Sporting Light Appeal aims to brighten up people's lives through sport by raising money to enable the CSF to continue to deliver vital services for disadvantaged people and those with disabilities.
Matt Parkhouse, one of the Aviva Horizon volunteers who took part in the bag packing event, said: 'It's great getting the name of the charity out there, explaining the good work that it does and the importance of supporting the Sporting Light Appeal.'
For more details about the CSF, including how to raise funds for the charity, go to www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk
Are you raising funds for charity? Call David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com