Cash boost for £15,000 wheelchair appeal to help five-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer Edith Creasey
- Credit: Archant
Charity quiz fun helped raise £2,500 for a five-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer who needs a £15,000 wheelchair to boost her independence.
A fundraiser was put on by Holt Farmers Club and also raised £500 for the Holt Youth Project on Old Station Way, Holt.
The £2,500 will go towards a new motorised off-road wheelchair for Edith Creasey, from Sheringham.
Her family launched the appeal to raise the £15,000 this year.
Charlie Mack, a member of Holt Farmers Club, organised the event with local farmers. It was sponsored by Brown & Co where Charlie Mack works.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the quiz, there was an auction of promises and raffle.
Mr Mack said: 'To raise such a large amount of money was fantastic. Edith is a lovely little girl and will really benefit from the purchase of the new chair.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
To support the Edith's wheels appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/edithswheels to donate.