Carrot plea issued by Redwings Horse Sanctuary’s Norfolk centres
- Credit: Archant
Give us your carrots!
That is the plea from Norfolk-based charity Redwings Horse Sanctuary as it gears up to celebrate International Carrot Day next month.
The charity is asking people to donate carrots for its horses and donkeys to crunch on and enjoy at its visitor centres at Redwings Caldecott, near Great Yarmouth, and Redwings Aylsham from now until Monday, April 10.
And creative-minded people are also being asked by Redwings to donate knitted or handcrafted carrots that can be sold at one of the charity's many fundraising sales held throughout the year.
On Monday, April 10 both visitor centres will host a special carrot throw where visitors will have the chance to see the horses and donkeys enjoying some of their generously donated treats.
You may also want to watch:
International Carrot Day is celebrated every April 4 to raise awareness of the healthy vegetable.
For times visit www.redwings.org.uk/visiting
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home