Norwich cafe closed as new owners prepare to take over
- Credit: Steve Adams
A popular Norwich cafe has closed temporarily as new owners prepare to take over the business.
Carello's on the Meadow at 17-19 Castle Meadow is closed 'until further notice' as the cafe changes hands.
Opened by Brian and Brenna Wells in April 2016, the cafe was an expansion of Mr Wells' popular mobile coffee van often found outside Debenhams.
Their intention was to offer regular customers a place to sit down with a coffee and read a newspaper with a view of the castle.
Mrs Wells said: 'The cafe has been sold to a lovely couple who should be back open within the next couple of weeks.
'My husband Brian will still have the Carrello's coffee van, but I have decided to move on to pastures new.'
She added: 'The cafe was really popular and we had some lovely regular customers. I have no worries that once reopened it will continue to enjoy the same trade and even expand as I believe the new owners will be offering more in the way of hot food.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
'I hope to visit the cafe on my lunch breaks when they reopen so will hopefully bump into a few people - especially our loyal bus drivers!'