Norwich cafe closed as new owners prepare to take over
- Credit: Steve Adams
A popular Norwich cafe has closed temporarily as new owners prepare to take over the business.
Carello's on the Meadow at 17-19 Castle Meadow is closed 'until further notice' as the cafe changes hands.
Opened by Brian and Brenna Wells in April 2016, the cafe was an expansion of Mr Wells' popular mobile coffee van often found outside Debenhams.
Their intention was to offer regular customers a place to sit down with a coffee and read a newspaper with a view of the castle.
Mrs Wells said: 'The cafe has been sold to a lovely couple who should be back open within the next couple of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
'My husband Brian will still have the Carrello's coffee van, but I have decided to move on to pastures new.'
She added: 'The cafe was really popular and we had some lovely regular customers. I have no worries that once reopened it will continue to enjoy the same trade and even expand as I believe the new owners will be offering more in the way of hot food.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
'I hope to visit the cafe on my lunch breaks when they reopen so will hopefully bump into a few people - especially our loyal bus drivers!'