Novice runner to take part in world’s biggest half marathon for BHF
- Credit: Courtesy of BHF
A King's Lynn woman will part in the world's biggest half marathon to help beat heartbreak forever.
Caroline Groves, 39, will be taking on the Simplyhealth Great North Run in Newcastle as a way to give back to the British Heart Foundation, after her best friend Kim Norcutt, 60, lost her husband John when he was just 65 to a fatal heart attack whilst on holiday in Corfu two years ago.
Ms Groves said: 'It's been a very tough time for Kim and her family since John died.
'John would actually find it hilarious that I'm running as I'm not a natural runner. I have lost over four stone in the last couple of years and have definitely caught the running bug.
'But Kim losing John has made me realise that life is far too short and how important it is to make the most of every single day.'
You may also want to watch:
The Simplyhealth Great North Run, which attracts more than 57,000 runners, takes place on Sunday, September 9.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer