Carol Bower named mayor of West Norfolk
- Credit: Ian Burt
Carol Bower is the new Mayor of King's Lynn and West Norfolk and chair of the borough council for the forthcoming year.
Mrs Bower joined Hunstanton Town Council in 2009 and served as mayor and deputy mayor for almost five years before being elected as a borough councillor.
She is a governor at Smithdon High School, a member of Hunstanton and District Rotary Club and part of the team which runs the Hunstanton Pantomime.
Her charities of the year will be counselling group the One-to-One Project and homeless charity the Purfleet Trust.
The Mayormaking ceremony took place at King's Lynn Town Hall on Thursday, May 11, where Jim Moriarty and his wife Liz were made deputy mayor and deputy mayoress.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moriarty will begin his 10th year as a borough councillor representing Priory Ward as well as supporting the Mayor in her civic role.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument