Carnival spirit to return for Norwich’s Lord Mayor’s Celebrations in 2013
Norwich may currently be in the grip of winter but attentions are already turning to one of the annual highlights of summertime in the city.
Norwich City Council is making plans for this year's Lord Mayor's Celebrations, which will be held between Thursday, July 4 and Sunday, July 7.
Float entries for the Lord Mayor's Street Procession, from 5pm on the Saturday of that weekend, are now being invited.
Last year it was Norwich Community West Schools Cluster which triumphed in the procession, with Angel Road Junior School taking second place and Pea-Pod Pre-School, of Milford Road in Norwich, coming third.
The success of last year's theme for the procession, carnival spirit, is hoping to be repeated and has been retained for this year.
You may also want to watch:
Would-be entrants stuck for ideas are being encouraged to think about the history of carnivals throughout the world, favourite carnival performers and bright, vibrant colours and costumes.
For more information on the procession and how to enter, go to the events page at www.norwich.gov.uk, where an application form and guidance notes can be found, or call 01603 212136.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
Online entry forms should be sent to email@example.com
Cheques should be made payable to Norwich City Council and sent to Joe A'Court, culture and events team, ommunications and cultural services, Norwich City Council, City Hall, Norwich, NR2 1NH.
All completed applications should be received by Tuesday, June 18.