Care home releases balloons as part of memorial event
- Credit: Archant
A care home has held a memorial event to remember those who are no longer alive.
On Saturday, May 28, friends and family members of Oulton Park Care Centre, in Oulton Broad, released balloons for the occasion.
It took place at the care home's gardens on Union Lane.
A spokesman said: 'This is organised by our activities coordinators Heidi Innes and Andrea Pullinger and is in its third year now and always proves very popular. We also introduced a memorial tree into our home so anyone who wishes to pay tribute to loved ones may do so using our tree now.'
Guests arrived from 2.30pm and balloons were released later in the day.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine Sartain, who runs Whispering Words of Wisdom, an emotional support and guidance company, gave a short speech during the day.
A balloon was also released for the victims of the Manchester bombing.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 10 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?