Care home donates to dementia café service in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A care home has presented a £250 cheque to a dementia cafe service in Thorpe St Andrew to help with its monthly running costs.
Staff from Woodside House Care Home, who also volunteer at the cafe which is based at Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road, handed over the cheque at a meeting last month.
The money was provided by Barchester's Charitable Foundation which helps older people with disabilities.
Fiona Bass, who runs the cafe, said: 'Without the support of our fantastic volunteers we wouldn't be able to hold the café, and as a fairly new, self-funding group all donations are very welcome, and very appreciated.'
The cafe takes place on the third Wednesday of every month and helps support people in the community who suffer from dementia. It also provides support and respite for their carers.
You may also want to watch:
Woodside House Care Home is run by Barchester Healthcare.
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named