Norwich care firm supports awareness raising day with plenty of cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
A firm which offers a wellbeing check for people in Norwich provided plenty of cupcakes for an awareness day.
Extra Hands served up the tasty treats as part of the Alzheimer's Society's Cupcake Day on Thursday, which aims to raise funds and awareness for the cause.
The care company team served the cakes at its Horsham St Fith office, near Norwich, and raised more than £100 from the sales.
Hazel Evans, its director, said: 'Our work involves people with this form of dementia and their families. It can be truly devastating for everyone and we are delighted to be supporting a charity which carries out such good work in this field.'
Extra Hands, which employs more than 175 people and has another office in Heacham, was the first in the county to offer the regular wellbeing check, which is made on as many days of the week as required.
You may also want to watch:
It has been designed to support those caring for loved ones.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear