Caravan torched in arson attack at coastal holiday park
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
One caravan has been torched and another two have been damaged following a suspected arson attack at a coastal holiday park.
Norfolk police said a fire broke out in one of the mobile homes at Haven holiday park in Caister on Saturday night.
Fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze at the site on Ormesby Road at 10.27pm.
Crews tackled the fire for 50 minutes before it was put out at 11.17pm.
A spokesperson for Caister holiday Park thanked Norfolk fire and rescue service for its swift response.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson said: 'Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire and we are pleased to report that no one was injured in this incident.'
Firefighters used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and hydrant to extinguish the fire.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.