Caravan smoke alarm sounds after two fire engines arrive

Fire crews were extinguishing a caravan blaze in Bradwell when the smoke alarm began to sound.

And while the owners of the static caravan in Market Road had a lucky escape, the fire service is reminding people to ensure working smoke alarms are fitted.

The alarm fitted in the caravan was so old that it failed to activate until fire crews were on scene - well after 7.40am when the emergency call was made on Friday, March 23.

Appliances from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended and the blaze was extinguished using hand appliances, hose reel jets and breathing apparatus.

Crews ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.


You may also want to watch:


There were no injuries and smoke damage rather than structural damage.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus