Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- Credit: Daniel Stevenson
A family's hot tub was completely destroyed after a car smashed through their garden wall.
Daniel Stevenson was sitting in his lounge with his mum, stepdad and brother at their home in Duke Road in Gorleston at about 4pm on Tuesday when the car crashed into their property.
The vehicle, being driven by an 80-year-old man who was with his wife, careered through a wall and fencing, hit the hot tub below and landed on grass.
The elderly couple had been parked in car park behind Wilkos on the High Street which backs directly onto the family's garden.
Mr Stevenson, 18, said: "My first thought was, 'I hope the driver' is okay my second thought was, 'well he can't park there'.
"They were parked in the car park and they must have been leaving and I think his knee might have locked while he was on the accelerator."
"The scary thing was my brother was in the hot tub 20 minutes before. It could have been a lot worse."
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 7 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
The couple are only believed to have suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital for treatment.