Car on fire on NDR
- Credit: Archant
A car burst into flames on the Northern Distributor Road (NDR).
Firefighters were called to the blaze at 8.15pm on Sunday evening.
The fire broke out on a section of the NDR near to the A47 slip road in Postwick.
Crews from Carrow and Sprowston were sent to the scene, and used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
Norfolk fire service said the road was blocked initially while smoke was travelling up the highway.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also on the scene.
The ambulance service were not called and nobody was injured.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m