Car loses wheel on A47 near Norwich
A single lane of one of Norwich's busiest roads has been blocked tonight by a car which lost its wheel.
Motorists trying to brave rush hour traffic on the A47 tonight have experienced delays after a wheel came off a Vauxhall Corsa car in lane one of the westbound carriageway of the road at Postwick, near the A1042 Yarmouth Road junction.
The incident, which happened at about 4.40pm, has resulted in queuing traffic on the A47.
A police spokesman said police were still on scene and helping to keep the vehicle safe while they await recovery.
He said there had been no injuries as a result.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'