Car leaves trail of destruction along Colman Road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Three homes have been damaged after a car ploughed through their front gardens in Norwich this morning.
Neighbours living along Colman Road, which is a 30mph zone, said they were woken up by a loud bang shortly before 7am.
The vehicle had left a trail of destruction outside the properties, ripping up hedges and damaging brickwork.
It also smashed the front window of one home, which has since been boarded up.
Janet Chettleburgh, 70, who lives nearby, said: 'We were still in bed when we heard this almighty crash. I thought it was a lorry going past at first, but it was not until I saw the car's headlights that I realised what had happened.'
Norfolk police tweeted that fire and ambulance services attended the scene and that no one was seriously injured.
The accident happened between the Corie Road and George Borrow Road junctions.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 7 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 8 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
- 9 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 10 Pensioner jailed for five years for child sex assaults
Updates to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772694