Car lands on side in single-vehicle collision in Attleborough town centre
- Credit: Archant
The high street of a Norfolk town was closed to traffic following an incident in which a car ended up on its side.
Police, fire and ambulance all responded to the single-vehicle collision involving a Vauxhall Agila in Church Street, Attleborough, which happened just after 2pm today (Monday, August 14).
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 2.05pm to a single-vehicle road traffic collision just outside the dentists'. A road closure was put in place at 2.11pm at Queen's Square.'
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said a woman was treated at the scene, and was then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.
The spokesman said her injuries were believed to be non-life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Church Street is a one-way street and is part of the town's central gyratory road system.
UPDATE: Police reported that the road was cleared and re-opened for traffic by 3.20pm.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146