Car hitting central reservation closed part of the A11 near Elveden
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The northbound carriageway of the A11 was closed near Elveden for a few hours this morning after a car crashed into the central reservation.
Suffolk police were called at just before 12.50am to a Vauxhall Corsa which had gone into the central reservation near the Elveden War Memorial.
The East of England Ambulance Service were called but the male driver sustained no injuries so no crews were sent to the scene.
Fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services attended.
The central reservation was damaged and Highways England were called.
You may also want to watch:
One lane reopened at 2am with the other lane reopening later in the morning.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price