Car fire in Eaton damages garage and side door
- Credit: Archant
A car was destroyed in a fire on Tuesday morning which also caused damage to a garage and melted a side door of a property in Eaton.
The incident happened shortly after 1.30am at Wren Close and both the fire service and police officers attended the scene.
A Ford Focus was destroyed by the fire which then spread to the property resulting in damage to a garage door, a fence and a back door.
It is believed that someone set light to the car.
Two fire crews from Earlham and Carrow attended the scene. Firefighters were at the scene for about an hour and used hose reel jets to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
The @NorwichPoliceUK Twitter account tweeted the above picture and said: 'Officers & @Norfolkfire at deliberate car fire which has damaged garage & melted side door. So dangerous. #Eaton.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
•Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Rebecca Barton at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.