Car fire in Eaton damages garage and side door
- Credit: Archant
A car was destroyed in a fire on Tuesday morning which also caused damage to a garage and melted a side door of a property in Eaton.
The incident happened shortly after 1.30am at Wren Close and both the fire service and police officers attended the scene.
A Ford Focus was destroyed by the fire which then spread to the property resulting in damage to a garage door, a fence and a back door.
It is believed that someone set light to the car.
Two fire crews from Earlham and Carrow attended the scene. Firefighters were at the scene for about an hour and used hose reel jets to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
The @NorwichPoliceUK Twitter account tweeted the above picture and said: 'Officers & @Norfolkfire at deliberate car fire which has damaged garage & melted side door. So dangerous. #Eaton.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
•Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Rebecca Barton at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.