Car fire in Eaton damages garage and side door
- Credit: Archant
A car was destroyed in a fire on Tuesday morning which also caused damage to a garage and melted a side door of a property in Eaton.
The incident happened shortly after 1.30am at Wren Close and both the fire service and police officers attended the scene.
A Ford Focus was destroyed by the fire which then spread to the property resulting in damage to a garage door, a fence and a back door.
It is believed that someone set light to the car.
Two fire crews from Earlham and Carrow attended the scene. Firefighters were at the scene for about an hour and used hose reel jets to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
The @NorwichPoliceUK Twitter account tweeted the above picture and said: 'Officers & @Norfolkfire at deliberate car fire which has damaged garage & melted side door. So dangerous. #Eaton.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
•Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Rebecca Barton at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.