Car enthusiasts to gather for charity cruise meet in Norwich
Car enthusiasts will be holding a cruise meet in Norwich tonight to raise money for The Big C Cancer Charity and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Street Elite Cruiserz has organised the event at the Makro car park at Broadland Business Park, meeting at 7pm tonight (Saturday, July 20), with participants making donations to the charities.
In 2015, more than a thousand people attended a meet in honour of Mark Callf, who had been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He was a member of the close-knit customised car community and the event helped raise money for The Big C.
Organisers of this year's meet met Norfolk Constabulary in advance to go over the details for the meet, which will include marshals to direct drivers to where they should park their cars.
And, they stressed on Facebook: "This is a static meet only, we do not arrange a second location. We do NOT tolerate anti social behaviour at our charity meets, never have and never will.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone seen doing any sort of wheel spinning, burn outs, drifting or racing will have their Reg Plates reported to the police. Any videos or photos of said behaviour will also be forwarded on."
Norfolk police tweeted: "We are aware of a charity cruise event in Norwich this evening.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
"The organisers are promoting safe driving. We will be out in marked/unmarked cars."