Man has lucky escape after car flips onto its roof on A47
- Credit: Sgt Chris Harris
A driver escaped with minor injuries after a car ended up on its roof on the A47.
The accident happened at 2am on Sunday April 8 in Honingham by the Mattishall roundabout, according to Sgt Chris Harris from Norfolk Police.
He said the single vehicle collision, which involved a yellow Seat Cupra, did not close the road but paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust were called.
Sgt Harris, who attended the crash, said on Twitter: 'Driver has minor injuries but is thankful he was wearing his seat belt.'
While on the scene of the A47 crash, Sgt Harris said another car in the area was stopped by police officers because of speeding.
You may also want to watch:
It had four young people in the vehicle at the time - two men and two women - according to Sgt Harris.
He said on Twitter: 'Whilst clearing the road, providing a fend off for safety, a vehicle has been stopped by my @NSRoadsPolicing team that was travelling at high speed containing 4 young persons.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Sgt Harris added in another tweet that the male driver of that car was arrested on suspicion of drug driving after testing positive for cocaine.
The driver was taken to the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
He said: 'It is about road safety. We are out there and being proactive in stopping cars. We are always considering how we police the roads.'