Car drives into hair salon at Oulton Broad
A car has driven into a hair salon in Oulton Broad this afternoon.
The blue Ford drove straight through the front window of Hair World, in Westwood Avenue, shortly after 4pm.
Salon owner Joanne Wright, 37, said that it had caused quite a lot of damage and that work is still going on to make the scene safe.
She said: 'It is a huge shock. Luckily nobody was sitting near the window, and it is lucky that it is PVC and not glass so it is still in one piece.'
Mrs Wright said her daughter Naomi, who is celebrating her 19th birthday today, was working in the salon at the time, while her mother and father in law, who live upstairs, were also shocked by the crash.
You may also want to watch:
She added that they hoped to remain open if possible and that nobody was injured.
Fire engines from Lowestoft and Lowestoft North together with a rescue vehicle from Lowestoft were called.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that no-one was trapped in the vehicle.