Car crashes into sewage pump station in Wreningham
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a sewage treatment plant in Wreningham, south of Norwich.
Police believe the incident took place between 10.45pm last night and 6.15am this morning on the B113 near the Bird In Hand pub.
The male driver was unhurt.
David Brake, who has owned the pub with his wife Gill for seven years, owns the sewage treatment plant.
He said: 'Fortunately the pub isn't affected but we just have to repair the tank.
'I didn't know anything had happened until one of my delivery drivers said did you know you had a car in your tank. We went outside and checked no one was in it.'
A police spokesman said no action was being taken against the driver.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 7 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 8 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin