Car crashes into Pizza Hut in Bury St Edmunds town centre
- Credit: Archant
Damage has been caused to the Pizza Hut building in Bury St Edmunds town centre after it was hit by a car this morning.
The incident, witnessed by shoppers in the town, took place around 10.40am when the car struck the Cornhill building as it was turning right into Woolhall Street.
The driver, an elderly woman, was not hurt and no-else was injured in the incident.
The car appeared to scrape the building as it was turning right, according to eye witnesses.
The drain pipe on the side of the building was badly damaged and debris from the vehicle was scattered along the street following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called but it is not yet known if there is any structural damage to the Pizza Hut building.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: 'We were called to reports of a single-vehicle collision at Pizza Hut in Bury St Edmunds this morning.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
'There are no reported injuries and police are currently on the scene.'