Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car collides with Fox Inn, at Garboldisham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car was in collision with a pub.
The crash happened late on Saturday night at the Fox Inn at Garboldisham, near Diss.
A police spokesman said officers were called to the scene at around 22.40pm after a blue Ford Focus collided with part of the building.
A man in his 30s was detained nearby just over an hour later and remains under investigation.
The car collided with the pub's ladies' loo, after a day villagers had spend celebrating the first anniversary of the Fox reopening as a community pub. The pub later tweeted it was open as usual despite some damage.
You may also want to watch:
It now boasts a micro-brewery and prides itself on its family atmosphere.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village