Car crash leaves Norwich homes without power
- Credit: Archant
Homes in Norwich have been left without power after a car crashed into an electricity pole.
UK Power Networks was made aware of the cut at 5:01am on Monday when users reported it.
It is thought that four customers were affected in one postcode area in Horsford, Hainford and Spixworth.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: 'Engineers are working as quickly as possible to repair an electricity pole which was hit by a car between Drayton Lane and School Road.
'For safety reasons we needed to turn off power supplies to four customers from 6.29am. Repairs continue to reconnect supplies.'
You may also want to watch:
Power was regained at 12.34pm.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker