Car crash leaves Norwich homes without power
- Credit: Archant
Homes in Norwich have been left without power after a car crashed into an electricity pole.
UK Power Networks was made aware of the cut at 5:01am on Monday when users reported it.
It is thought that four customers were affected in one postcode area in Horsford, Hainford and Spixworth.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: 'Engineers are working as quickly as possible to repair an electricity pole which was hit by a car between Drayton Lane and School Road.
'For safety reasons we needed to turn off power supplies to four customers from 6.29am. Repairs continue to reconnect supplies.'
You may also want to watch:
Power was regained at 12.34pm.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 8 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 9 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance