‘Scariest moment of my life’ says mum after car is blown off road
- Credit: Archant
'It was the scariest thing in my life' - that was the reaction of a shocked mother whose car was blown off the road by the wind while driving with her six-year-old daughter.
The woman said she had just overtaken another car on the A141 Isle of Ely Way between Chatteris and Wimblington, in Cambridgeshire, when the accident happened.
'It was a completely safe place to do so but the wind caught my car,' she said. 'I lost control and it ended up flipping into a ditch. It was the scariest thing in my life.'
A police spokesman said emergency services attended a single road traffic collision (RT) on the A141 at 5pm on Saturday.
The spokesman said; 'A Ford Galaxy vehicle had left the carriageway and rolled over into a wooded area.
'Two persons have been taken to Peterborough City Hospital by the East of England Ambulance.
'The vehicle was recovered at the scene.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
Police are asking for any witnesses to come forward. Call 101 and quote incident CC-21102017-0352.