Cancer research roadshow is gearing up for Great Yarmouth visit
- Credit: PA
A cancer research roadshow will be pulling up at a Great Yarmouth supermarket.
On Saturday, May 6 the Big C Research Raodshow will be at the Sainsbury's store off St Nicholas Street from 10am.
It will feature researchers from the University of East Anglia who will explain and demonstrate some of the research into cancer taking place in Norwich.
The roadshow aims to help answer questions such as 'how do we get cancer?', 'what does cancer look like?' and 'will there be a cure?'.
It will also give people an opportunity to see how Big C fundraising directly helps in the fight against cancer in Norfolk and Waveney and globally.
You may also want to watch:
The Big C appeal began in 1980 and has raised more then £25m.
As well as funding vital research and hospital equipment, the Big C has drop in support and information centres across Norfolk and Waveney that are used by thousands of people every year affected by cancer.
- 1 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 10 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning