Canaries legend helps open new medical clinic
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Former Norwich City striker Iwan Roberts has helped open a new £495,000 medical clinic at a city gym.
The new service will offer physiotherapy and health assessments from the Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym in Barrack Street.
From today, members and non-members will be able to book appointments without the need for a referral from their doctor.
Mr Roberts, who officially opened the new clinic yesterday, said: 'As a professional footballer, looking after my health was always really important as I was constantly trying to avoid various injuries.
'Since retiring and getting older, I'm still just as aware of my health and I think having all these new services all under one roof in the setting of a gym is a great idea. It gives you no excuse not to get checked out.'
You may also want to watch:
The clinic will provide people with health assessments, which give a detailed view of an individual's health, and tests for diabetes heart issues, cancer risks and emotional well being. An on-site laboratory has also been added to analyse blood tests to give same day results.
The new facility took just three months to build and is Nuffield Health's 29th medical clinic to open across the UK.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
Grant Ewens, general manager, said: 'We are very proud to open this new clinic and it's a great addition to our existing fitness facilities.
'We are looking forward to helping more local people achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing they aspire to.'
A 25pc discount on all health assessments is also available for all Norwich gym members and their friends and families until September 30.
Are you launching a new community venture? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.