Can you top this dating disaster? Woman gets stuck in window trying to retrieve her poo
- Credit: PA
A story about a disastrous first date has taken off online, which prompts the question - what's the worst thing that ever happened to you on a date?
Liam Smyth, a postgraduate student from Bristol, has revealed details of an unlikely encounter he had with a woman he met on Tinder.
The pair enjoyed a romantic evening at Nando's before returning to Mr Smyth's home to watch a film.
However the night took a bizarre turn after the woman went to the toilet and blocked the pan. In a panic she attempted to throw her own excrement out of the window.
Due to a design quirk of the house, the poo never made it outside but instead became stuck in a gap between two window panes.
The woman, being an amateur gymnast, decided to try and retrieve it by climbing into the small space. Unfortunately she became trapped upsidedown and had to be rescued by the fire brigade.
Mr Smyth shared the tale on a gofundme page, created to raise £200 to replace the window which had to be broken by firemen.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
The page has raised over £1,000 in just 19 hours.
Our reporters' dating horror stories
'I was bleeding for two hours'
'I still to this day do not know whether this was actually a date or not, however, in my first year of university I had a friend over to my flat to watch a film together.
'While we were watching, we were chatting away, as you do, and the conversation somehow turned to moustaches – I think somebody in the film must have had one.
'Naturally, I was massively in favour of them, but at the time was relatively incapable of growing anything more than your classic teenage fluff.
'She, on the other hand, was vehemently against moustaches completely, and despite me reeling off example after example of people with amazing moustaches – Nick Cave, Dick van Dyke, Hulk Hogan – she wouldn't budge.
'I still to this day do not know why I decided to take my next action but, the sink and all my shaving equipment being there, I thought I'd demonstrate how seriously I took her opinion by shaving there and then.
'To begin with, it was funny – she laughed, I laughed. And then the inevitable; I cut the top of my lip.
'However, this was no usual shaving wound; it bled, and bled and bled. For about the next two hours.
'Needless to say, we never became an item.'
• 'He blindfolded me'
'I got blindfolded (for a surprise) and when I took it off, I was outside KFC!
'What made it even worse was I had to buy my own food, and some people I knew were in there and started laughing. Absolute nightmare.'
• Can you top these dating horror story? Let us know in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org