Can you spot yourself in our Great Yarmouth Racecourse Ladies Night picture gallery?
- Credit: James Bass
Colourful dresses and hats and fascinators took over Great Yarmouth Racecourse as the venue held a ladies night event.
On Wednesday large crowds enjoyed seven races, including cheering on Hayley Turner as the jockey stormed to victory in the Silk Series Handicap on Hart Stopper.
The Silk Series is a new initiative that sees female jockeys, both professional and amateur, compete in races hosted by nine ladies events across Arena Racing Company racecourses in 2017, with Yarmouth being the third venue to host the series.
Racegoers at the ladies evening also enjoyed a DJ set from Radio 2 and BBC TV's Sara Cox, who is a keen amateur jockey.
Wednesday's event also supported Cancer Research UK with 75p from every ticket going to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Glenn Tubby, Great Yarmouth Racecourse's executive director, said he was delighted to be hosting a race in the Silk Series, as it was a fantastic addition to the ladies evening and helped to raise money for such a brilliant charity as Cancer Research UK.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre