Can you help this Norwich sporting veteran on her trip to World Championships?
- Credit: Maurice Gray
A woman who has been fencing for more than 30 years is hoping for help to enable her to attend the sport's world championships.
Connie Adam, 88, from Norwich, has won more than 140 medals and awards.
The veteran is determined to compete at the World Championships in October in Germany, but cannot find anyone to accompany her and help carry her heavy equipment.
'I don't want charity,' she insisted. 'I just want a little help to enable me to represent our country. Someone, somewhere must be going to the event and maybe appreciate my company.'
Mrs Adam, who turns 89 in December, is one of the oldest competitors in the world and says she is confident about competing.
You may also want to watch:
Having decided to carry on fencing after recovering from chemotherapy treatment for cancer, the Norwich born and bred fencer continues to travel around the UK and abroad to compete for Great Britain, coming fourth in her category at the World Championships in France last year.
She said: 'I love fencing and enjoy encouraging other people of my age to get out there.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
If you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org