Can you help this local chef with his dream of opening a pâtisserie in Norwich?
- Credit: Ana Teles
A Norwich-based chef is hoping the public can help make his dream of opening a pastry shop in the city come true.
Joaquim Teles, who hails from Portugal, has worked as a pastry chef for over 25 years, honing his skills across the globe.
The 44-year-old owned a shop in Portugal before moving to Norfolk, where he has since been running an independent business, selling sweet treats at markets and shows.
After building a loyal following, Mr Teles has decided to open a shop, where he can expand the range of pastries he offers.
In attempt to make this happen, he has started a crowdfunding campaign to raise £20,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Teles said: 'My aim is to provide Norfolk with a true French and Portugese patisserie experience using fresh, local products.
'I would like to gather enough to open a small pastry shop and be able to work every day in a place that everybody can visit me.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
He added: 'I appreciate any help, donations and sharing of my idea.'
To support Joaquim visit crowdfunder.co.uk/small-patisserie/