Can you help provide some festive entertainment at the People’s Picnic Street Feast in Norwich?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
As a group who help to feed Norwich's homeless and hungry gear up for another Christmas feast on the street, they are appealing for entertainers to volunteer their skills to bring festive joy.
The People's Picnic provide hot meals on Haymarket every Tuesday and Saturday throughout the year, but this Saturday - with it being Christmas Eve - they are putting on something a bit more seasonal.
With a full Christmas dinner planned including a warming winter soup, turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas puddings, donations of food, clothes and time have been flooding in.
But one of the organisers, Lex Barber, says one thing is missing - some Christmas carollers.
'Whilst we have enough volunteers, donations and food, we're lacking in entertainment,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'Last year we had a choir singing Christmas songs, and this year we'd like the same, but are unable to find anyone. We'd like a choir, singers, musicians, magicians – anyone at all who would be willing to come and entertain our 80 or so diners.'
As well as a warm meal, those using the service will also get a cup of non-alcoholic mulled wine an a gift.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Miss Barber added: 'Christmas is a time for giving, but can be difficult, particularly for those in need.
'The People's Picnic Street Feast is a great opportunity for all to celebrate and get into the festive spirit with a full turkey dinner, presents from Santa, and a helping hand and chat where required.'
If you think you can help, get in contact with The People's Picnic on their Facebook page.