Can you help provide some festive entertainment at the People’s Picnic Street Feast in Norwich?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
As a group who help to feed Norwich's homeless and hungry gear up for another Christmas feast on the street, they are appealing for entertainers to volunteer their skills to bring festive joy.
The People's Picnic provide hot meals on Haymarket every Tuesday and Saturday throughout the year, but this Saturday - with it being Christmas Eve - they are putting on something a bit more seasonal.
With a full Christmas dinner planned including a warming winter soup, turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas puddings, donations of food, clothes and time have been flooding in.
But one of the organisers, Lex Barber, says one thing is missing - some Christmas carollers.
'Whilst we have enough volunteers, donations and food, we're lacking in entertainment,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'Last year we had a choir singing Christmas songs, and this year we'd like the same, but are unable to find anyone. We'd like a choir, singers, musicians, magicians – anyone at all who would be willing to come and entertain our 80 or so diners.'
As well as a warm meal, those using the service will also get a cup of non-alcoholic mulled wine an a gift.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
Miss Barber added: 'Christmas is a time for giving, but can be difficult, particularly for those in need.
'The People's Picnic Street Feast is a great opportunity for all to celebrate and get into the festive spirit with a full turkey dinner, presents from Santa, and a helping hand and chat where required.'
If you think you can help, get in contact with The People's Picnic on their Facebook page.