Can you help preserve Lowestoft’s maritime heritage?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft Maritime Museum will be holding an open afternoon on Wednesday.
The event is for anyone interested in volunteering at the museum in Sparrow's Nest Park and will be held on April 5 from 2pm to 4pm.
There is a wide range of volunteering opportunities at the museum when it re-opens for the season at Easter, including attendants to assist visitors, archiving and general administration duties, or working in the museum shop.
Jim Aguss, vice chairman of Lowestoft Maritime Museum, said: 'We encourage people to come along, see the museum and meet the team, who will be delighted to share their experiences of what's involved and how rewarding it is.
'Everyone at Lowestoft Maritime Museum is a volunteer and we're really keen to welcome new members to work with us to preserve Lowestoft's rich maritime heritage.'
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in attending the open afternoon should contact Jim Aguss on 01502 569165 for more information.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47