Can you help find a new base for the North Norfolk Community Transport charity in North Walsham?
- Credit: Archant
A community transport group is looking for a new headquarters to make way for a pub giant which is set to move into its town centre base.
JD Wetherspoon is proposing to buy the New Road offices in North Walsham, home of North Norfolk Community Transport.
The national chain hopes to turn it into a restaurant and bar at a cost of £1.6m.
North Walsham Town Council, Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau and North Walsham in Bloom are also based in the New Road offices.
The community transport charity provides trips for people including the elderly, youth groups, people with disabilities and the rurally isolated.
You may also want to watch:
It employs 14 people but is looking to recruit more staff in the future.
The charity needs space to store its fleet of minibuses if the new site is far from Hall Lane where the fleet is currently stored.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
Matt Townsend, chief executive of the charity, said: 'We would love to turn this challenge into an opportunity to create a community enterprise hub where we could be based alongside other organisations who are seeking to create employment and volunteer opportunities.'
Anyone who may be able to help the transport charity in its search for new premises should call 01692 500840.