Can you believe it’s that time of year again? Date for Sheringham Christmas lights switch-on announced
- Credit: Archant
The date for the Christmas lights switch-on in Sheringham has been announced.
Billed as a November Friday evening you don't want to miss, it will be held on November 17, from 4.30pm to 7pm.
The theme of the evening is lights, bikes and penguins, with events starting with carols played over the recently installed town PA system, followed by a parade through the town.
Various people will be making an appearance during the evening, including Father Christmas, and the switch-on will be carried out by Hilary Nelson, the widow of long-serving town crier Tony Nelson who died earlier this year.
Many of the shops will be open for late night shopping and the countdown to the big switch-on will begin at 6.25pm, with the town illuminated at 6.30pm. Other activities will include dancing penguins, snow and smoke machines, laser lights, chestnut sellers, hot soup, mulled wine and a hog roast.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer