Messages of love flood into Bubbly Bingo the clown
- Credit: Archant © 2004
A campaign to send messages of support and love to a well known comedy character in Norfolk who is fighting cancer has been hailed a resounding success his daughter has said.
Bubbly Bingo the clown, aka Malcolm Mallett of the Earlham area of Norwich, is in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after being diagnosed with blood cancer and tumours in his nose and throat.
His daughter Donna Amiteye has launched an appeal called Operation show Bingo the love and is asking people to send in messages of support of love.
After featuring in this paper messages of support have flowed in.
Mrs Amiteye said: 'The response has been amazing, and throughout the day yesterday we were reading the get well messages to him, and the smile was incredible, there were tears but they were happy tears.'
You may also want to watch:
To send a message or a card to Bubbly Bingo the clown people can contact Mrs Amiteye by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0737 6120399.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge