Neighbours express sadness after young man and woman found dead in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours of two people who were found dead in Norwich have spoken of their sadness after the incident.
The 23-year-old man and 19-year-old woman were discovered in a ground floor flat in Providence Place in Thorpe Hamlet after emergency services were called to the area shortly before 10am on Saturday.
The deaths are currently being treated as unexplained and are not thought to be suspicious.
Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding the deaths, which are thought to be drug related.
It is understood there had been a party at the house and several other people had been inside.
You may also want to watch:
A small child - believed to be the couple's - had also been in the flat and it is understood is now being looked after by relatives.
One close neighbour said she returned to her home a few hours later to discover the "awful" scene.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
She said the couple had moved into the ground floor property around Christmas time last year.
"It is just very sad," she said.
Specialist fire crews helped ambulance crews, police officers and a forensics team to gain access to the property where the pair were found. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
On Sunday the predominantly residential area around Providence Place, off Quebec Road, was quiet with no emergency services presence.