Firefighters raise nearly £5,000 for charity this Christmas
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters in the festive spirit have raised nearly £5,000 for charity.
Throughout December, crews at Yaxley, Linton and Thorney in Cambridgeshire have organised sleigh rides and Christmas visits to raise £4,899.
The money will be going towards The Fire Fighters Charity, which supports the everyday heroes of the UK fire community.
On Sunday, December 17, firefighters from Thorney held their annual event for children and families in the local community. They raised over £900 on the day as and they took Santa around the village.
As well as doing a collection on their rounds they also spread the word about on-call recruitment, encouraging others to consider joining the on-call service at Thorney.
Station commander Gavin Hammond commented: 'Thanks to all those that gave their time and support to make the event an enjoyable success once again.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000